First Dive Computer **Advise needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I havent looked into the Geo yet ill definitely take a look. Any perks u particularly like about the Geo?
Main thing is the Bluetooth capability. I love the fact I can download my dive to my Dive Log app while on the boat or on shore.

If not then i fall on the Aqualung i300c or the Mares Puck. I see alot of people using Mares Puck as a secondary cause its pretty reliable and ive seen the aqualung i300 as the console not as the watch.

What is the price difference between i300c and Puck where you live?

IMO the "PZ+ vs RGBM" and BT are overrated (but you may want to factor in the cost of the Mares download cable), and one vs many buttons is only relevant if you need to press them a lot. (And many small buttons are not always easier than one big one.) OTOH for example Suunto DM software apparently will let you plan technical dives for the Zoop, so if you intend to go tech, you may well be better off saving up for one of those.

sounds convinent. which app do you use for the Geo?

Main thing is the Bluetooth capability. I love the fact I can download my dive to my Dive Log app while on the boat or on shore.

The Puck is 180 USD and the i300c is 299 USD.

What is the price difference between i300c and Puck where you live?

IMO the "PZ+ vs RGBM" and BT are overrated (but you may want to factor in the cost of the Mares download cable), and one vs many buttons is only relevant if you need to press them a lot. (And many small buttons are not always easier than one big one.) OTOH for example Suunto DM software apparently will let you plan technical dives for the Zoop, so if you intend to go tech, you may well be better off saving up for one of those.

D/l cable for the puck is $50 so assuming you care to download your logs, I can think of 69 reasons to go with the puck.

I actually own a Suunto Cobra and have had it for about 15 years. I am in no way a conservative diver and it has never failed me, shortened a dive, or locked me out. I have no problem recommending Suunto Computers.

I actually own a Suunto Cobra and have had it for about 15 years. I am in no way a conservative diver and it has never failed me, shortened a dive, or locked me out. I have no problem recommending Suunto Computers.
You dive your computer, you are a relatively conservative diver. I assume you do not know what NDLs other computers would give you. You have not blown off a deco stop and have not been locked out in violation gauge mode.

sounds convinent. which app do you use for the Geo?
I use the DiveLog DT on my Macbook and Dive Log on my iPhone. I sync my phone with the Mac when I get home. It syncs both ways also. Works great so far!

I use the DiveLog DT on my Macbook and Dive Log on my iPhone. I sync my phone with the Mac when I get home. It syncs both ways also. Works great so far!
Does it also post all your selfies?

You dive your computer, you are a relatively conservative diver. I assume you do not know what NDLs other computers would give you. You have not blown off a deco stop and have not been locked out in violation gauge mode.
You absolutely nothing about me or the way I dive, so keep your snide comments you yourself, as you have nothing constructive to add to the thread

Back
Top Bottom