First Dive Computer **Advise needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you think is worth more the watch with the bluetooth capability or the console with the compass and SPG since they are the same price?

I like the computer on my wrist than in a console. I am an AI guy but if I had the choice with the i300C, i300C on wrist and console with compass and SPG.

I'm a newbie and love my Teric! Also bought the new Oceanic Geo 4.0. Both dive computers have bluetooth and sync up with the DiveLogDT app for Macs. Love it!

If you like data and keep a log I would recommend putting a computer with a download interface on the must have list. Right now Bluetooth integration is all the rage. It is nice to have the ability to download the dive data and add that to your log. Check out Diving Log 6 (my choice) and Subsurface for dive log software that will support multiple brands of computers in one log book. It is nice to be able to search and print or email dive summaries for training records in the future.

If you aren't the type who likes data feel free to ignore my suggestion some people never log their dives.

If you think you would have the need or desire for a shearwater computer in the future save and get one now rather than but something to get by for now you won't be sorry.

I havent looked into the Geo yet ill definitely take a look. Any perks u particularly like about the Geo?

I'm a newbie and love my Teric! Also bought the new Oceanic Geo 4.0. Both dive computers have bluetooth and sync up with the DiveLogDT app for Macs. Love it!

I appreciate the feedback on the data collection. I'll definitely start looking to the perks of being able to download the data.

I definitely want a shearwater, but I just cant afford to get it while im buying my entire rig and computer. but I didnt want to wait on not diving to buy the shearwater thats y i was looking to get the typical go tos.

If you like data and keep a log I would recommend putting a computer with a download interface on the must have list. Right now Bluetooth integration is all the rage. It is nice to have the ability to download the dive data and add that to your log. Check out Diving Log 6 (my choice) and Subsurface for dive log software that will support multiple brands of computers in one log book. It is nice to be able to search and print or email dive summaries for training records in the future.

If you aren't the type who likes data feel free to ignore my suggestion some people never log their dives.

If you think you would have the need or desire for a shearwater computer in the future save and get one now rather than but something to get by for now you won't be sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom