First dive at Madrona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went to the island last weekend for some shore diving. We did a couple dives at Tyee Cove, which I loved...found an octo and other such fantastic life. I think it's a beautiful site.

Then we went to Madrona. I've wanted to dive Madrona for a while, so it was exciting. We dove it at slack, but, well, the dive didn't exactly go as we had planned. Currents were still strong and we totally missed the wall, so all I got to see was the sand. I did a 46 minute dive looking at the SAND. apparently there is nothing else around if you miss the wall. So a bit of a dissappointment, really, but we DID come across an itty bitty stubby squid, which made it a bit more interesting. Oh well, missing the wall just gives me another excuse to do some island diving again. I guess I'll just have to go back to Madrona Point and hopefully I'll come across the wall. :D

Back
Top Bottom