First computer with Suunto lawsuit in mind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vidakris

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was about to purchase my first computer, when I came across the Suunto lawsuit on reddit. I was considering a Zoop Novo, but the possible troubles with the depth sensor failures are not really reassuring. Is it known how wide the problem could be? Does it affect only a batch of computers in the US, or is it a worldwide big issue? If not Zoop Novo, what would you suggest in that category for a casual diver?

Suunto position is that there was/is no actual problem. Which means no root cause is identified, and no way to define the extent of what the other side contends was an actual issue. Also means nothing has been announced as fixed, to make a concerned consumer feel better about a new purchase. The settlement was basically a costly agreement to disagree.

So the one definitive change you can take away is that your purchase of a new item includes a longer than previous 5 year warranty on the pressure sensing depth module.

Hi all,

I was about to purchase my first computer, when I came across the Suunto lawsuit on reddit. I was considering a Zoop Novo, but the possible troubles with the depth sensor failures are not really reassuring. Is it known how wide the problem could be? Does it affect only a batch of computers in the US, or is it a worldwide big issue? If not Zoop Novo, what would you suggest in that category for a casual diver?
I got a d4i in summer 2018, it failed on my second day of using it which was my first day of my diving trip.

Although Suunto replaced the sensor, I couldn’t use it for my only diving trip outside the UK to date :)

Won’t be buying Suunto again

I have a Suunto Zoop and have about 30 dives. No issues so far . I have been thinking about an upgrade to the Suunto EON Core . No more console and air integration

Hi all,

I think Cressi Giotto ($250) Cressi Leonardo ($200) and Mares Puck Pro ($175) AquaLung i300 ($199) are roughly comparable to suunto's zoop.

I don't think anyone makes computers that don't support nitrox these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom