First Camera Kit Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcahill129

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to get started in underwater photograph and was looking at the following setup:

LIGHT AND MOTION

The Tetra housing supports most of the Olympus 2000, 3000, 4000 and Olympus 4040 series Digital Cameras

Complete Tetra Travel Package:

Tetra Digital Photo Housing

Wetmate Lens System (allows the user to change lenses underwater)

Wetmate Ultra Wide lens ~ 100 degrees of coverage with full zoom through

Wetmate macro lens ~ close focus

Wetmate flat port lens

Two strobes

Two strobe arms

Flash connectors

Mini Q40 flashlight

O-ring kit

McNett 20”X40” micro fiber towel

Custom carrying case

Just two quick questions, is this a reasonable intro setup and if it is in top condition (with out camera) what should I expect to pay?

Thanks for you help -
Dennis

The L & M housing and accessories are top notch and can deliver beautiful pictures. The Oly cameras in that range-up to the C4040 are dated. They're rather slow, and have very small screens with a low pixel count. Also, I'm pretty sure if the printed circuit board that controls the camera and strobes on the L & M housing goes bad, you can no longer get a new one. That said, if it's cheap enough-say a couple of hundred bucks-and includes the camera, it's a really nice housing. It was a very pricey set-up when new.
If it was me, I'd probably take whatever money it was going to cost and pop for a really top notch new camera like the Canon G10 or G11, the very reasonable Canon housing and a decent strobe and have a really reliable modern camera that will be way faster focusing, ready for the next picture about 5 times faster and take sharper pictures with better color, low light operation and can deliver sharp poster size prints.

Back
Top Bottom