First Allen light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Lev

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some pics I got from my buddy. Notice the rectangle all aluminum body. Not the common cylinder type. I believe this could be the first Allen light. Click through. Three pics.

I don't know. It's my buddies. I know there is no batteries in it. It looks from here it could take D-batteries.

It looks to me like a later version of the old style cylinder Allen Light. I bought my cylindrical Allen light in 1970. It has small screws holding down a thick relatively crude plexiglass lens and is in general not as slick and nicely finished as the rectangular light pictured. The fact that there is a model number also suggests it may be a later modification. Those old Allen Lights were monsters, heavy as hell.

I think it's from the 60's.---------- Post Merged on September 4th, 2012 at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was on September 3rd, 2012 at 11:46 PM ----------

Last edited:
Hello Mike, Scanning back issues of S.D. found this add. DARREL- ALLAN LITE ADD 1972.jpg

I have seen that light in use in the early 70s in the cave country of north Florida. It used a gell cell or some sort of square battery pack. I think I got my first Allen light in about 1968 and it was round. with a truck load of D cells in it.

N

Back
Top Bottom