First Aid CPR - Recert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I am in nearing the end of my 2 years for First Aid and CPR. Do PADI or NAUI instructor have to run your through the course at full price or are they able to discount it or is it just best to pay the $20 and go with Red Cross?

go with a local recognized class and save the money

speak to your padi/naui instructor about a recert rate. as long as you're close to current and have your original book, it shouldn't be much $

My local DS charges 1/2 for recurrent training.

My local DS charges 1/2 for recurrent training.
Can they give discount if you move from one agency to another? I just found a friend passed ICT this weekend, but still learning what he can do.

Question for you:. What's your motivation for the recertification?

Are you going to pursue an advanced certification (like DM) that requires it? Does your employer require it (doubt it in IT)? Do you just want to be a good citizen?

For years at work I had to get annual CPR and emergency oxygen provider training, but not first aid. I did the CPR free through the fire department, and a friend would do the oxygen refresher through DAN.

Can they give discount if you move from one agency to another? I just found a friend passed ICT this weekend, but still learning what he can do.
Can they? Sure, if they want to. Will they? Whole nother issue. Agencies have no say over what an instructor charges. That is totally up to the instructor or shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom