First Aid & CPR prerequisite for Rescue Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean NAUI teaches the DAN courses, with DAN materials, or rebranded NAUI materials, or what? How does NAUI add value to the DAN classes?

Basically teach the DAN courses as is. No value add other than NAUI instructors being able to teach the courses for market share

I used to offer the AHA CPR and first aid courses combined with a oxygen admin distinctive specialty to cover all of the bases as more of my CPR courses were for healthcare providers to recertify and the O2 admin portion covered dive specific stuff in more detail. The O2 admin portion was somewhat based on the DAN course at the time. I also offered the MFA and EFR courses but ran very few of them compared to the one described above.

. . . unless you plan on having your own O2 kit which most don't. You'll never use it if you don't have your own.

Not really true. I was involved with a dive emergency in which I was deputized by the boat captain to prepare and man the O2 unit, so the captain and DM could manage other issues with the rescue. My DAN O2 training came in handy that day.

I did the DAN courses. When I was volunteering at the local aquarium, they taught the courses for free (except the cost of the card, I think it was like $5). Went ahead and did the whole set of courses because it was free, results in "Diving Emergency Management Provider."

In 2018 I did the Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro) because that's what the aquarium wanted in please of the regular first aid at the time. I didn't renew in 2019 or 2020 so it's expired. Having to redo the course every year is kind of a drag.

I did the DAN courses. When I was volunteering at the local aquarium, they taught the courses for free (except the cost of the card, I think it was like $5). Went ahead and did the whole set of courses because it was free, results in "Diving Emergency Management Provider."

In 2018 I did the Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro) because that's what the aquarium wanted in please of the regular first aid at the time. I didn't renew in 2019 or 2020 so it's expired. Having to redo the course every year is kind of a drag.
It's only half that bad. The cert is good for two years.

Is Emergency First Response owned and run by PADI? The EFR web site has nothing about PADI but their US addresses are exactly the same. I sent an email with a question to info@emergencyfirstresponse.com and a person at PADI tried to answer my question.

Is Emergency First Response owned and run by PADI? The EFR web site has nothing about PADI but their US addresses are exactly the same. I sent an email with a question to info@emergencyfirstresponse.com and a person at PADI tried to answer my question.

For further clues, notice that the domain name is owned by PADI Americas, and that the privacy policy links directly to PADI's privacy policy.

I just received a message from PADI regarding EFR and its relationship to PADI. Below is the message:

Thanks for reaching out! While EFR is its own company, it is owned by PADI Worldwide. Most EFR participants are divers and nearly all EFR centers are PADI dive centers. Consequently, it is often more convenient for our members if they can speak with a representative who can assist them with both EFR and PADI courses. Since PADI is the larger of the two companies, we field both consumer and member inquires.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom