firmware upgrade on Geo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PTAaron

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was looking through some threads on the Geo and noticed some people listing off firmware versions that appeared to be updates on the one in the Geo I just purchased. I currently have version 1A in mine and my wife's Geos.
If we want to get the latest firmware - which it seems would be a good idea or it wouldn't have been updated - how do we do that?

I did a quick search, but didn't really find an answer. Can this be done at an authorized dealer? Does it cost anything?

Thanks in advance!

I'm resurrecting this question because I have ordered two of the "old style" Geos for my wife and I, and I'm also wondering about firmware upgrades. I've read the manual and looked at Oceanic's site but haven't found the answer to this one.

Last edited:
I think I've found the answer to our question. The Oceanlog software has a "Firmware Auto Updates" feature that will check for firmware updates and then upload them to your Geo after downloading them from Oceanic.

I found that in the help section of the software by searching for "Firmware."

I'd assume it applies to all Oceanic PDCs that use this same Oceanlog software.

Firmware update is a feature only applicable to the soon-to-be-released OC1. All current models are updated, either via the dealer in the event of a safety related issue, or here at the factory when a unit is returned for service and calibration. Give our service department a call for more details.

800-435-3483, ext. 761

Doug...how can one determine if the firmware on the PDC is the current version. I have a VT Pro running Firmware 1A. If this is not the most current, are you saying I have to send this in to get updated? I am also having some temp issues that I sent an e-mail to Oceanic. Am I better calling?

Back
Top Bottom