Firmware 1.01 update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just updated to this new firmware. Wow, it changes the unit a lot....in a good way

Having to press only one button at a time (instead of two simultaneously) makes things so much easier. I also really like the procedure test modes.

Some confusion though:
The manual does not talk much about the DSC message feature. Can you guys explain a little bit about this. How does the group TX work? How do I set up/select groups? Can I actually send texts?

Thanks for all the help and great product!
:cheers:
Steve

From page 12 of the new manual:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...perationsManual/NLL_OperationsManual_0.76.pdf

Menu Options
Chat Channel - Change the chat channel more easily from the menu
Squelch - Change the radios squelch setting
Volume - Change the radios speaker volume
Messages - Several DSC message features are available
• Start Distress - Start the DSC distress cycle
• Received: (number of messages) - Access and read DSC messages received and stored on the radio
• TX Group Chat - Transmit a Group Chat DSC message to the selected group and change chat channel on receiving radios
• TX Indiv. Chat - Transmit an Individual Chat DSC message to the selected group and display the chat channel on receiving radios
• TX Pos. Report - Transmit a DSC Position Report message to the selected group
• TX Pos. Request - Transmit a DSC Position Request message to the selected group
• TX Test Call - Transmit a DSC Test Call message to the selected group

We need more clarification...

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom