Fins too small?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will7920

New
Reaction score
Hey, I decided the only was I was going to get around to making my first post was to ask a question so I have a question. :D I'm not certified yet but I've signed up for a open water certification class and have bought my mask fins snorkel and booties. I think my fins may be a little too small. I've tried them out in the pool and after a little bit the top of my feet start to ache, and I got a cramp in my calf when I tried to go a bit faster. The PADI manual says the pocket should come to the point where my ankle meets my foot, but it's really hard to see where they consider that to be by the picture in the book. I think it's about a inch off but I might be wrong so I've included pictures (they're Aqua Lung Blades 2 btw). I don't care too much about going fast I just don't want the tops of my feet to ache.

Try loosening the straps a little. You don't want your foot jammed in there. If that doesn't help, get a bigger size.

Back
Top Bottom