Fins that are suited for small female?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+boxfish+

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently looking for new fins. The one I have now is TUSA HyFlex Switch. I am a female and very petite, and I always get exhausted by finning hard to catch up with others. Do you have any fins recommendation that gives me power with less kicking? Thanks!

The Scubapro Seawing Nova is a powerful, light, and neutrally bouyant fin.

I have both the Seawing Nova and the Go Travel fins.

My sister is very satisfied with her Cressi Frog + (hers are open heels), and she could accommodate her tiny feet : Europe size 33, which in the US is 1.5 if I'm not mistaken (UK 14). You can even choose the color.

It depends on what current you might confront, but for low currents the Standard Force Fin is a very easy fin.

Thank you all very much for your advice! All the fins you've mentioned are now in my research note!

+boxfish+

Don't overlook the possibility that you're swimming normally, and that your buddies need to adjust their kicks. There is nothing worse than diving with someone who kicks endlessly and at a rapid pace. Diving is not racing. Ask your buddies to slow down.

Also, you might want to switch to an alternate kick, allowing your muscles to rest. Alternate between your regular flutter/scisor kicks with frog kicks. Remember that the frog kick has a glide component. Don't kick again until you stop gliding. Pay attention to your trim as you move through the water. A horizontal position reduces drag and improves the efficiency of your forward motion.

Just food for thought before you decide to purchase another set of fins. The Mares Avanti Quattros are really nice fins. I used them for many years. My buddy's wife is about 5'1 and hates the gym. She uses the Scubapro Seawing Nova and is never tired.

+boxfish+

Don't overlook the possibility that you're swimming normally, and that your buddies need to adjust their kicks. There is nothing worse than diving with someone who kicks endlessly and at a rapid pace. Diving is not racing. Ask your buddies to slow down.

Also, you might want to switch to an alternate kick, allowing your muscles to rest. Alternate between your regular flutter/scisor kicks with frog kicks. Remember that the frog kick has a glide component. Don't kick again until you stop gliding. Pay attention to your trim as you move through the water. A horizontal position reduces drag and improves the efficiency of your forward motion.

Just food for thought before you decide to purchase another set of fins. The Mares Avanti Quattros are really nice fins. I used them for many years. My buddy's wife is about 5'1 and hates the gym. She uses the Scubapro Seawing Nova and is never tired.

As far as I see, my buddy goes slow to match my pace. We like slow pace, and I do not kick often either. But, I do feel my legs are getting heavier and tired towards the end of the dive. I am 4'9, but I do exercise regularly including leg works. So, I don't think the leg strength is not really a problem. Another win to Scubapro Seawing Nova! They look big and heavy. but must be really good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom