Fins - something very similar to Power Plana but less negatively buoyant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mscmicrobiology

Registered
Reaction score
I have been struggling to find my perfect fin for years. I tend to dive BP/W with steel plate and full 5mm-7mm exposure. I prefer a relatively stiff/wide fin ideal for frog kicking manouverability. I also prefer simple with no gimmicky features and basic rubber or similar which is nigh indestructible. My fin for the past few years has been the Mares Power Plana. I absolutely love these fins, they check every box except one. They are too negatively buoyant. No matter how I shift my trim or how I change my dive position I am always just a bit foot heavy. I am trying to find something very similar but slightly less negativrly buoyant. Don’t want something positively bouyant, most likely something neutral to slightly negative. I have been eyeballing the Apeks RK3 HD for quite a bit but not sure it’s going to be what I hope. I live out in the sticks so cannot try fins, just have to order some. Really looking for advice, especially from anyone who has used the Power Planas, I’m looking for that fin but just a tiny bit less negatively buoyant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom