Fins Sharklets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ernesto Chamorro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Considering that there is millions of force fins being use by divers world wide , here is an interesting idea .

Sharklets and split Scimitar winglets are an add on accesory upgrade for some older planes .
If small bolt on split winlets where design as an add on for all force fins out there , it can be an interesting new product .
Considering inexpensive shiping and also reasonable price as an add on accessory for the million existing force fins .
Think Deep

I don't know why they are not on the current Force Fin Web Page but there are 3 "add-ons" that are/were part of the Force Fin product line.

There are Vortex Generators, Speed Pods and Whiskers. Bob can best address which one's are applicable to various situations.

I know from personal use that Whiskers can add both additional control and/or speed depending on how they are positioned - Speed Pods cut drag and do provide additional speed with the same effort. Never used the Vortex Generators.

millions of force fins being use by divers world wide

Millions, really?

I've met hundreds of divers but only seen one set of Force Fins

Millions, really?

Force fin has been in the Market since 1982 , I believe
According to your observation suppose for every one hundred divers there is one diver using the force fin brand .
That means that 1% of all divers in the planet uses the force fin brand
Since year 1982 until 2018 .
How many divers use force fin ? And how many force fins have been produced throughout those years ?
I myself own 30 pairs of fins , 10 pairs are force fin brand
Simple underwater Math

Millions, really?

Sounds like a big number, but it is low next to the cheap fins that get sold,.after 37 years we have sold over one million pair. Most of our customers you would never like to meet, Military. Other customers own their own boat, ships etc. To be honest I hardly see Force fin around except for Dr. Earle and a few others. No big deal. I will do a blog on the winglet Force Fin technology..but for now..hand shaping fins. Force Fin Looks like a super big order coming in from ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom