Fins for surface snorkeling and free diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

engblom

Registered
Reaction score
I have come to realize that my fins are not good for my usage. As I posted in another thread, I have a problem with my fins ending up splashing on the surface when I follow the surface. I got advised to do a modification to my fins, but I think there is a too big risk of permanently destroying them. I would rather want to buy a set fitting my usage better. My current fins are Cressi Rondinella.

Among the more affordable fins, what fins would you recommend for me? My typical usage is to follow the surface while catching my breath and moving from one place to another and then deep dives between.

What modification to your current fins have you been suggested to make? Because honestly I can't clearly see what advantage you could get from another type of fins, or the same fins modified, for the specific problem you have
Frankly speaking my first impression would be it's more an issue related to your kicking technique, but I could be mistaken

What modification to your current fins have you been suggested to make? Because honestly I can't clearly see what advantage you could get from another type of fins, or the same fins modified, for the specific problem you have
Frankly speaking my first impression would be it's more an issue related to your kicking technique, but I could be mistaken
This post describes the modification: With fins vs without fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom