Fins and Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimJam

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to think ahead a little bit. I ordered a DUI CLX-450 with rockboots, and it should be arriving tomorrow just in time for a weekend full of diving.

I have two pairs of fins, one size large, one XL for wet and dry diving respectively.

Is there anything that will be a huge surprise when it comes to rock boots and fins? Does anyone have any input into the "best" fin to use?

throw-out laces and replace w/ thin bungies - dum velcro tabs....

What size rock boots did you get? You may be surprised to find that they won't fit in XLs, and have to go to the mammoth XXLs or Turtles. If you do a search on this, you may also be surprised to find that many have struggled to find the right fin size for these boots. I'd put in a plug for spring straps/heels as well.

my size 10 rock boots barely fit in xl jets...it's a real tight squeeze

mossym:
my size 10 rock boots barely fit in xl jets...it's a real tight squeeze

I can believe it. I got size 11 and had to go to XXL, but then put on I think size medium Halcyon spring straps to get it to stay put.

I am going with Size 11 boots, but I rarely wear more than a cotton sock...You think XXL?

JimJam:
I am going with Size 11 boots, but I rarely wear more than a cotton sock...You think XXL?

Really no way to tell without trying them on (and not many stock them.) I wear a wool hiking sock under CF200 and that's what I needed. I just couldn't get them into the XLs I use with thick neoprene boots when diving wet.

JimJam:
just guessing, i'd say yes..but you really need to try..

JimJam:
I am trying to think ahead a little bit. I ordered a DUI CLX-450 with rockboots, and it should be arriving tomorrow just in time for a weekend full of diving.

I have two pairs of fins, one size large, one XL for wet and dry diving respectively.

Is there anything that will be a huge surprise when it comes to rock boots and fins? Does anyone have any input into the "best" fin to use?

How about trying a pair fins on when you have the rockboots on and then wear the pair that actually fit.

I have size 13 Rock Boots with Atomic Liquid Blue fins (I think that's what they're called). I can't remember what size my fins are but I know Atomic makes a fin that fits my size 13 boots. Love the fins. Love the Rock Boots. Add some Apollo spring straps to round it out. They are a must have item.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom