Finding wetsuit for petite w/ curves...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverMoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a 3mm full wetsuit that fits properly and I was hoping someone may have some insight. I'm a 5'4, 120pds, curvyish petite lady. I did my training in an older Akona Quantum 6S that fit perfectly but I cannot find it to buy anywhere (it seems akona doesn't make shorts anymore). I've tried:

6S Henderson Thermoprene Pro (a bit tight, too long in torso, arms too short)
8S Henderson Thernoprene Pro (too much room around armpits and arms)
Several BARES (they just don't fit me)
Lots of others I can't remember right now.

WIth the old Akona in mind, are there other brands I should check out? I'm trying to stay under $180 or so and would like a suit that will last me for quite some time. I've tried on every suit within 30 miles of my city just about and I'm getting down about this (custom is out, $$$). The return charges are adding up. :( help!

Thanks!
Moo

PS - By "shorts" I mean a short sized full length suit, not a shortie. :)

Last edited:
Check out the Aqua Lung Aquaflex. I have a size 4 5mm, and with a skin suit beneath, it's very comfy and pretty easy to get on. Fit me better than anything else I tried and wasn't too tight or too loose anywhere. I liked it so much I bought the 3mm, too. It will likely fit you nicely in the legs, though you'll have to see about the arms. (They fit me perfectly, but I am a little shorter than you.) Aqua Flex makes a Long, also, but that might be too much height.

I know this won't help at all, but it's too bad that you can't get a Mares FLEXA 3.2.2 - She Dives.

The suit looks really, really good, and sounds like super flexible too. I'm interested in it mainly because of the front zip, but it appears the only way to get it to NA is to order it overseas?

Have you tried Waterproof yet?

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link or not, but here goes.......

Scuba Wetsuits Womens Waterproof Wetsuits | Jumpsuits |Shorties buy at LeisurePro

If the link gets blocked, then just go to Leisurepro's website and look for the Waterproof brand of wetsuits.

Good luck.

John

Check out the Aqua Lung Aquaflex. I have a size 4 5mm, and with a skin suit beneath, it's very comfy and pretty easy to get on. Fit me better than anything else I tried and wasn't too tight or too loose anywhere. I liked it so much I bought the 3mm, too. It will likely fit you nicely in the legs, though you'll have to see about the arms. (They fit me perfectly, but I am a little shorter than you.) Aqua Flex makes a Long, also, but that might be too much height.
I'll check them out, thank you!

I know this won't help at all, but it's too bad that you can't get a Mares FLEXA 3.2.2 - She Dives.

The suit looks really, really good, and sounds like super flexible too. I'm interested in it mainly because of the front zip, but it appears the only way to get it to NA is to order it overseas?

Have you tried Waterproof yet?

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link or not, but here goes.......

Scuba Wetsuits Womens Waterproof Wetsuits | Jumpsuits |Shorties buy at LeisurePro

If the link gets blocked, then just go to Leisurepro's website and look for the Waterproof brand of wetsuits.

Good luck.

John
Thanks! Leisure Pro has been my backup to Wetsuit Warehouse. :)

Have you considered Truli Wetsuits? They are designed by a female diver specifically to meet female diver's needs. Mia, the driving force behind Truli was a Divemaster on the Aquacat (when I first met her) and later on the Turks & Caicos Explorer.

Check Beauchat wetsuits. My wife tried many different firm's wetsuits, however, was only Beuchat fit to her. I this this company specializes in curvy women wetsuits :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom