• I know what FAQ means

Votes: 101 98.1%
  • I am computer literate

Votes: 93 90.3%
  • I can only use a smart phone

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't vote for BB Codes because the interface is good enough not to need them anymore and I assume/hope the new one won't need them either?

Agreed, until you want to write something highly formatted like an Article or a complicated instructional thread. There is a LOT more support for that kind of thing in the upgrade and with an even better interface, but sometimes you just want to stretch the boundaries a little to look good to your friends. :wink:

I’d add tablet to the “I can only work a smart phone” option maybe. Or maybe not.

Remember, we’ve got people who can barely figure out how to post.

I checked the "I am computer literate" box. TBH, that may be a bit of a stretch. I am functionally computer literate. I can do the basics like download and install new software or upgrades. I can not do coding.

I can do what I need to get by. Kind of like when I travel to France, Germany or Mexico, I can order a meal, a beer or ask where the bathroom is in the native language. I am computer literate in the same way that I am multi-lingual.

Agreed, until you want to write something highly formatted like an Article or a complicated instructional thread. There is a LOT more support for that kind of thing in the upgrade and with an even better interface, but sometimes you just want to stretch the boundaries a little to look good to your friends. :wink:

I'll go back to BB if it means I get dark mode though.... Yeah @The Chairman , i'm a squeaky wheel! :p

and yes I know it's coming, but it's oh dark thirty out here in LA and I'm still on east coast time so the bright screen is bothering me more than normal right now

This is not the final look, so expect change...

Light:
upload_2021-9-22_10-45-23.png

Dark:
upload_2021-9-22_10-47-8.png

Expect the changeover to happen in the next week or two... Now, if you'll let us get back to work!!! :D

@tbone1004: There might be a darker version we'll be calling "Dark Narc" that will be available to those who "Go Red"... :D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom