Finding Music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to find some music for some personal diving videos. I'm looking for some tunes that are slow, have some hard, rock beats, and possibly some classical instruments with a rock sound. One song I'm thinking of is Alanis Morissette's Univited. Anybody know of similar songs? Preferably songs that I can download from iTunes.

White Stripes? Kind of hard to pick a song like this for someone else's video. It's a real mood setter. Personally, I like to use very heavy music. Screaching distortion just makes diving look and sound very cool.

Loooove the white stripes!
How about 'into the ocean' from evermore? :)

K's Choice, "I'm not an Addict"? Tori Amos's "Spark"? One of my favorites for diving is Maroon 5's "Harder to Breathe".

Ocean by the Velvet Underground. The track off the 1969 Velvet Underground Live album is grittier and longer, although not available on iTunes.

Anything off the Whites Off Earth Now album by the Cowboy Junkies

Righteously or Change the Locks by Lucinda Williams - iTunes!

Drown Soda by Hole, on the Ask for It album, again not available on iTunes

Anything by PJ Harvey- iTunes!

mrjimboalaska:
Kashmir ---Zepplin goes with anything......
Why yes, it does go well with the chicken!

There are also a few covers of Kashmir- electonic, hip hop, metal, and one by the London Symphony Orchestra.

While you're at it, check out all the covers of Stairway to Heaven- just insane!

Not exactly your hard rock or anywhere near it but he has some pretty zany tunes on his Scubadoo album that might fit in with parts of a vid.

Also not sure if it can be found on iTunes since I don't frequent that site.

But I guess you can do some research.

'drown me slowly' by audioslave.... Its on their 'out of exile album'

lissette:
'drown me slowly' by audioslave.... Its on their 'out of exile album'
Love Audioslave!

try this one on for size "Incubus - Aqueous Transmission". Slow rock great beat!

Back
Top Bottom