finding lost keys for tourists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It has been a while since I've posted, my apologies. Here is a fun little rescue (of car keys) dive that I did at a moments notice. Some young adults many hours away from home lost their keys while jumping off the rocks into a balmy Lake Superior last month. Nothing cools you down like 43 degree water in an early season, 80 degree day. It's nice to help out folks when you can.

I lost the keys to a rental while we were kayaking at Captain Cook cove on the Big Island. Ended up having to get a new set of keys sent by taxi all the way from Kona. I wish someone had been around to find them, would have saved over $200! Neat video, thanks for posting.

I thought your "compensation" was making them jump into the water in their skivvies! :D

Did they just happen to be there when you showed up to dive?

I thought your "compensation" was making them jump into the water in their skivvies! :D

Lol, that's what got them in trouble the first time

Did they just happen to be there when you showed up to dive?
No, someone got my number from the underwriter cleanup poster. Luckily they saw that.

@Diverdon
5 stars are the reward given for restaurants with great service and food
You deserve 10 stars as a diver who gives so much to diving and asks for nothings in return

Your search and recovery dive for the lost car keys was above and beyond fantastic !

If you were one of the band of the current so called "professionals " you would be busy submitting documents to offer al specialty course in "Underwater key search and recovery " amd on your way to make millions of $$$

Keep up the good work

SAM

Thanks, Sam! I'm sure I'm only one of many who would do the same. I'm just glad they were able to contact me and that I could get there on fairly short notice.

Our 2nd annual underwater cleanup is only 28 days away and it's become even more popular this year. With local museums setting up booths in the park, a large conservation group helping out and much press.

This year divers from as far as Oklahoma are traveling for this. Who would have thought yanking tires out of the muck in the bottom of a silty harbor would Gardner so much interest?

Isn't Scuba great?

DD

Nice vid. Brings back some memories. Used to work at Scuba Shack in Gravenhurst Ont as a tech. Got a call one day from a cottager who wanted some divers to come out and try and find a ring that had fell in the water off their dock. We grab some rental gear throw in in the truck and head out there. Long story short we get there and there is a very upset young woman. Turns out her BF was proposing to her on the dock and just as he is about to slip the ring on her finger he drops it, it hits the dock and bounces right into the water. Water here is like tea and we warned them the odds of finding it where minimal. Gear up and down we go, 2 minutes in hit about 20' there's the ring. Needless to say they where thrilled, buddy finished the proposal on the spot we still hadn't got out of the water. Ended up staying for the afternoon, multiple beers and a family BBQ. The whole family took up a $ collection 4 us before we left. I'll never forget the look on that woman's face when I surfaced with the ring in my hand and said "is this it"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom