Finding a Combo PP + banked EAN fill calculator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Question > Looking to find a calculator that will do this and let me adjust values....

Scenario for example:
Customer tank has 500psi @ 36% inside of it, but the fill station banks have 32% & full. I have a very limited supply of 100% O2 in a ' T ' bottle. Furthermore it's a busy weekend & I'm trying to conserve the pressures in my 100% O2 T bottles till I get more, so I'd rather use the banked 32% which are full, plentiful and ready. I'm trying to leave the O2 booster out of consideration to simplify it.

What calculator can I use to:
1) Add O2 1st on top of the mix already in the tank
2) Top up with the banked 32% to achieved a full tank of 36%

I know I can give tank specs, etc. but the values change all the time and I'm really looking for the calculator to use when tanks come in, not a one-time answer since it happens many times.

I understand it's easiest to add more O2 and then top with air, but I'm trying to conserve the limited amount of 100% O2 I may have at the moment.

Also understand I can drain the customer tank and start from zero, but that's wasting O2.

Does single tank combo PP + banked EAN fill all-in-one calculator exist? It's kinda like a triple mix calculator.

Trimix tools on iOS supports banked gases. It is what Pompano Dive Center used in their mixing room.

Gas Blender Toolkit on any web browser. Set it for Real Gas (Van der Waals) and the gas order in the settings.

For your example, add 150 psi O2 then top off with 32% to 3150 psi (your call on cooling allowance).

The NitroxTools app (iOS, MacOS ) seems to do this (I was curious, so tried and hey, it seems to work! ). I set the Banked Mix to 100%, and top-up to 32%. (Edit: Just reazlized this is the same developer as the TrimixTools that Manatee Diver mentioned.... just a different app)

1719587722409.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom