Finally some nice viz at La Jolla cove + all the fish to boot! Best dive ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We got a great dive this past Sunday. We ended up doing a dusk dive because we were running late. After this dive my wife felt a bit more comfortable about being in the water when it was getting dark. I think this might be a great way for her to eventually want to try out a night dive.

The dive was really great and we saw all kinds of fish. From huge schools of mackerel to a huge giant sea Bass. I actually freaked out when my wife frantically opened up her arms to give me the huge fish sign!! I thought for a second she was referring to a shark. Check out her trying to tell me about this thing swimming towards me, its pretty funny. She then bolts off swimming after it, she actually got some good video of it, I need to make a video of her footage when I get a chance. We were both pretty stoked to have a experienced such a cool dive.

[video=youtube;bNzSgByuByw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzSgByuByw[/video]

This will have to go down as our best dive yet!

Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear Dive Mounts

Last edited:
Nice amount of fish there. I would focus less on the GoPro chest rigs and more on buoyancy skills. Running along the bottom and sculling with your hands is going to lead to bad habits and future problems.

Nice amount of fish there. I would focus less on the GoPro chest rigs and more on buoyancy skills. Running along the bottom and sculling with your hands is going to lead to bad habits and future problems.

For sure we both have to work on our buoyancy skills. But nonetheless we had never encountered so many fish in one dive. In the same dive we also encountered a feeding frenzy of sheep head and Girabaldi fish eating a sea urchin. The other schools of fish I think were attracted to our lights as it was a dusk dive and I guess this might have gotten there attention.

Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear Dive Mounts

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom