Finally Pulled the Trigger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ouichef

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I knew I wanted to dive, I just wasn't sure if this is something I wanted to pursue "forever" but after a few dives I definitely knew this was for me! sooooo after a couple years and 2 dozen dives on rented gear I decided it was time to get my own gear and yes, this board definitely helped my decision to get my own gear with the different reasons "why" I should invest in my own gear, so thank you everyone. You know prices can be "good" to "oh sh*t" and make you pucker, so I've been hyming and hawing especialy now since "the sky has been falling" BUT the gear I wanted was having a fat sale weeeellllll it really wasn't a "sale" it was more "after this weekend our prices are going to skyrocket" so I said "F" it and pulled the trigger! I got an all ScuboPro set up with Hydros Pro with gen 5 Air2, MK 25 Evo reg, G2 w/ transmitter and the second stage is ScubaPro S620 Ti. I'm 52 and only dive 2-3 times a year (probably more now:) ) so this should last me until I can't dive anymore. They have a few "open pool hours" so we can go in and get used to the new gear. Now that I have the G2 I can take a few classes I've wanted to, Nitrox, deep and wreck (I have done a few shallow wrecks). So short story long, I bought my first gear :callme: I'm really stoked to go and try it out!

**You notice I bolded "so we"? thats because I talked my dive buddy and long time friend to pull the trigger also :cheers: he wasnt to happy about spending the money but he's totally into it also :D

MK 25 Evo reg

What second stage did you get?

I'm 52 and only dive 2-3 times a year (probably more now:) ) so this should last me until I can't dive anymore.
I hope that you live very long in all health, happiness and prosperity with awesome diving long after you wear out this equipment and have to buy new set :)

I believe that you did good with your choices. I am waiting for the right time to get me a Hydros Pro and a G2 for myself too.

Congratulations!!

I knew I wanted to dive, I just wasn't sure if this is something I wanted to pursue "forever" but after a few dives I definitely knew this was for me! sooooo after a couple years and 2 dozen dives on rented gear I decided it was time to get my own gear and yes, this board definitely helped my decision to get my own gear with the different reasons "why" I should invest in my own gear, so thank you everyone. You know prices can be "good" to "oh sh*t" and make you pucker, so I've been hyming and hawing especialy now since "the sky has been falling" BUT the gear I wanted was having a fat sale weeeellllll it really wasn't a "sale" it was more "after this weekend our prices are going to skyrocket" so I said "F" it and pulled the trigger! I got an all ScuboPro set up with Hydros Pro with gen 5 Air2, MK 25 Evo reg, G2 w/ transmitter. I'm 52 and only dive 2-3 times a year (probably more now:) ) so this should last me until I can't dive anymore. They have a few "open pool hours" so we can go in and get used to the new gear. Now that I have the G2 I can take a few classes I've wanted to, Nitrox, deep and wreck (I have done a few shallow wrecks). So short story long, I bought my first gear :callme: I'm really stoked to go and try it out!

**You notice I bolded "so we"? thats because I talked my dive buddy and long time friend to pull the trigger also :cheers: he wasnt to happy about spending the money but he's totally into it also :D

Did I miss your second stage? I see Air 2 as an octo and Mk25 as first.

Congrats man! How’s the Hydros Pro treating you? Love mine and I’m thinking of ditching the integrated weights and using the travel strap.

What second stage did you get?

I hope that you live very long in all health, happiness and prosperity with awesome diving long after you wear out this equipment and have to buy new set :)

I believe that you did good with your choices. I am waiting for the right time to get me a Hydros Pro and a G2 for myself too.

Congratulations!!
I forgot, the second stage is ScubaPro S620 Ti.

Congrats man! How’s the Hydros Pro treating you? Love mine and I’m thinking of ditching the integrated weights and using the travel strap.
Haven't used it yet but hoping to soon! I'm not ready to ditch the weights yet but hopefully I can someday :)

Haven't used it yet but hoping to soon! I'm not ready to ditch the weights yet but hopefully I can someday :)
Lot of people here hate the Hydros Pro saying it’s too expensive and that BP/w is the only acceptable BC but I love it. Incredibly comfortable and it sticks to you.

Lot of people here hate the Hydros Pro

They aren't "Lot of people," they are just so loud, obnoxious and annoying they sound like there is a lot of them :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom