Finally going back after almost 4 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Reading some of the most recent posts here kinda made me realize that I haven't been back to Coz for almost 4 years. So, used some miles to fly to Cancun. Now, is it too much to ask for some tips on getting from Cancun to Coz? Never done that route before. Anyone else going to be there on 1/28-2/4? I understand also that I'll be hitting the tail end of the carnaval at that time also?

Hoping to dive with Blue Xtsea if they have space available. Thanks for any help, y'all.

Or, you could just contact Mayan Aqua Dive and dive the area out of cancun..

Reading some of the most recent posts here kinda made me realize that I haven't been back to Coz for almost 4 years. So, used some miles to fly to Cancun. Now, is it too much to ask for some tips on getting from Cancun to Coz? Never done that route before. Anyone else going to be there on 1/28-2/4? I understand also that I'll be hitting the tail end of the carnaval at that time also?

Hoping to dive with Blue Xtsea if they have space available. Thanks for any help, y'all.

You can search this forum for the getting to Coz from Cancun as it has been discussed quite often. Parrots link in the above post is about using the bus is the best description on using the bus that I've seen. Personally we have done the ADO bus and ferry route which was quite easy. The cost is about $18 - $20 per person each way, $8 or $9 for the bus and around $10 for the ferry.
On the way back to Cancun if your feeling adventurous you can haggle with the taxi driver to get back (some that are going back to Cancun don't want to go back empty and are willing to deal with you), however make sure you've agreed on a price before you get in.

As far as Blue XT~Sea Diving the link below lists the availability.
Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico

Or, you could just contact Mayan Aqua Dive and dive the area out of cancun..

Totally not the same. Cancun diving doesn't come close to Cozumel diving. Sorry, that's like comparing grapes to watermelons. (I'm tired of the apples to oranges analogy :D)

Most tours to Chichen-Itza are a full day affair. Most Tulum tours are a half day affair with another stop at some Cenotes or possibly Xel-Ha/Xcaret...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom