Finally found the best Dive/Boat coat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel f aleman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I can't recommend this coat enough, the best that I have used.

sampleB_16.jpg

For the Fall season, our shop is ordering one each for the staff in Royal Blue:

Surf-Fur Coat

What's so special about it, if I might ask? Do you have any more anecdotal evidence other than "it's the best that I have used?"

If I'm going to spend $109 on a jacket to keep me warm after diving I want to know a bit more. :D

I'm a big fan of the Chammyz. I can put it on soaking wet and not only does it keep me warm but it dries me off as well. Does not get that clammy feeling when wet.
Chammyz
39728230f22ee697d5be8f84420f63c8.jpg

I provided a link to answer any detailed questions; but I like that it's longer, has more heft, and is warmer than any other coat that I've used.

I read the link but I was looking for a 3rd party review rather than something from the manufacturer. Thanks Daniel, that's the kind of info i like. How cold have you used it / what sort of dives have you used it on?

this is my dive parka from TruWest. ScubaJennifer and I bought them at the same time (she arranged it all)
3parkas.gif

what i like, warm on the inside, water and windproof on the outside with a hood to protect my ears, big pockets that are also lined & warm

I used this on several open water boat dives at night in the Keys in January and it was amazing. They had a cold winter down there.
The laminated wind barrier is what makes this thing so warm and windproof.
The coup de grace was this past weekend at Dutch Springs. We were doing our open water tech dives (water temp 41 degrees)and the wind was gusting to 45-50 mph.(wind chill mid 30's) Between dives, I thru this coat on right over my drysuit and I was warm as toast. My buddies want one now!
The changing pockets are also a hugh plus!

I was thinking about getting one of them fro my trip to Honduras in Feb. thought that maybe I could use it as my "winter coat" at the air port (cleveland, OH). from what I read sounds like I might be able to get away with that.

So everyone says they are waterpoof on the outside...but my wetsuit will be wet when I put the jacket on between dives will it still keep me warm?

I have used the TrueWest parkas that way, and yes, they help a ton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom