Final input on Gates/Amphibico before purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globaldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles/California, (originally from Stockholm
I am planning to buy a housing for my Sony PD-150. I am choosing between the Gates housing for the 150/170, or the Amphibico hosing for the same models.

I have a hard time to find "real life" feedback, especially on problems/service etc on any of these two housings. Some say that electronic housings are bound for problems in salt water (Southern california diving) and others say that the mechanical housing potentially has more risk of leaks. However, the Amphibico seems to have both electonic controls and some meckanical controlls as well which makes up more than one hole in hte housing.

Is the optical quality different on these two houses? I am looking at the SW35 for the Gates and the regular .55 for the Amphibico?
Is an external monitor almost a requirement for these housings or is the regular viwing sufficient in most casses?

Which one would you purchase and in that case why?

Appreciative for feedback.

Sincerely

Anders

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom