Final Choice: Titan LX Supreme/Legend/Legend Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys!

My wife and I have finally narrowed it down to 3 choices (Prices are from LPro):
Legend (345)
Legend Supreme (360)
Titan LX Supreme (285)

I know Aqualung has a good rep, so I am not concerned about the quality. Just curious if there is anything which makes one better than the other. I know the Legend is the "top" but how different is the standard Legend from the Titan LX Supreme?

Finally (after much misunderstanding between us) the Venturi control is a requirement, but the "breathing resistance" control is less so. Finally this reg is unlikely to ever see "cold water" ie. less than 10 C. So this means the cold water functionality might not be needed but for an extra 15 I'd swing for it. She has a special mouth piece so that part will be replaced immediately.

Thank you!

Sounds like the Supreme is out then as you are warm water. The decision the can be made by the depth that you dive at.The over balanced diaphragm on the legend is more beneficial at depth. So if you find yourself going deeper, you may want something that corrects automatically so to speak. Other than that, I have used a Titan glacia, similar to the LX, and it breathes nicely (in a pool). So if you are a deep kinda guy, go legend, otherwise the are both the same as far as env. kit and second stage goes.

Thank you that's just the info we needed. My wife is unlikely to do real cold diving, but she could well go deeper. But still within rec limits ie. under 150'. So it looks like the Legend supreme will be the best choice given the minimal price difference :)

Just so you know, Aqualung is providing a $100.00 instant rebate on the Legend. You can print out a coupon at their website or all the authorized retailers I went to had a stack of them. Typically the Legend retails for $500.00 at your LDS, and from what I've seen, Aqualung allows the LDS to discount 10% for being a former student, all around nice guy, or a breathing human being.(i.e. just for asking) :wink: I thought about buying the Legend from Leisurepro but the LDS offered it for $450.00 and after the $100 instant rebate, the cost was the same as LP. I'm replacing my MK20/D400 and the Legend is just as good. I've also used the Titan (when my MK20/D400 was dying and in the shop) and at shallow depths, it was hard to tell the difference in the balanced vs over balanced regs.

Yeah we know about that. Here's the price of a Legend LX from our LDS - 595 and the Legend (supreme/Standard) 495. The shop claims to give 10% discount to club members (we are) but it's like a car dealer telling you they are losing out because the car manufacturer is giving you cash back. Take the 100 or the 10%. Those are the standard prices in this area! Besides DiveInn sells the Legend Supreme for 308!

Hmm, the instant rebate is reimbursed directly to the LDS by Aqualung and should have no bearing on the 10% discount they give you before the rebate is applied. i.e. if you took the 10% and your shop was unwilling to do the paperwork to get the $100.00 back, no one would get the $100, it would stay with Aqualung. The other issue I forgot to mention is that if you do buy from an authorized retailer and register your warranty online, they email a coupon for $20.00 towards your first years annual service. So the purchase price of the item to me was $349.00 plus our great sales tax of 8.25% here in California. $499.00 - 50.00 (misc good guy discount) - 100 (aqualung discount that the shop gets back from aqualung) = 349 and the warranty stays intact! Oh well, either way, get the Legend, its a great reg.

Yeah what you say is 100% true. In this one case it is the LDS being an ass about it. But that's fine I spent 1600 with LeisurePro. What irks me no end is the dive shops think you should chose to buy from them (honestly if I had a choice I would) but when I saved over 400 dollars just on reg/octo and computer I don't feel I have a choice! So we got the Legend Supreme (they price matched it with DiveInn) with the ABS octo and abunch of other stuff! Thanks!

Search back the Legend threads to about a year-13mo ago and you'll find a couple thread about the difference between the Legend and Legend Supreme - they are mechanically identical other than trim and mouthpieces.

Back
Top Bottom