fin strap falling down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all.. was wondering if anyone has tips on my issue...
i have mares plana avanti quattros and deep see titanium booties.. When i wear my fins and kick around for a while, the rubber strap keeps going down towards my lower heel (instead of staying up behind my... achilles heel (?) part of my foot). Then it feels like falling off and I have to constantly pull it back up.. One time it actually did come off. When I tighten the strap more.. my front of my foot starts digging into the foot hole of the fin .. u know.. on top of the ankle but in front, not on the side? grrr. i wish i could put a drawing.. anyway.. i was wondering if there is anyway i could make the darn rubber strap stick to one place. like putting some sort of something behind my boot?
thanxx
:upset:

Just an idea, but you could try gluing a small piece of rubber to the heal of your boot just below where you want the fin strap to be. That way hopefully the strap won't slip down. I've seen that on a couple of boots and it looks like it should work.

Ty

Is it possible your fins are too big (obviously, I mean the foot pocket, not the blade)?

Or the foot pocket is just the wrong shape for your foot?

You might look into exchanging them at your LDS...

Scuba-sass :)

i saw the spring straps post..it looks kinda complicated, plus im not sure if itll stay up! .. yeah i also noticed my boots have no rubber thing on the back like some other peoples.. and regarding size.. its a size "regular"/medium, and my boot is size 9, so its supposed to be good.. i think ill glue that rubber thing and hope it sticks! (should i use super glue? or sew it on??)

wackodacko once bubbled...
and regarding size.. its a size "regular"/medium, and my boot is size 9, so its supposed to be good.. i think ill glue that rubber thing and hope it sticks! (should i use super glue? or sew it on??)

I've got the same fins (I think you asked about the Quattros in another thread here). I usually wear a size 10, but when I was getting fitted I found that a size 9 boot was more than ample in size. And I tried on the medium fin, but it didn't feel comfortbale as I had to cinch the strap all the way in. So I tried a small on and with the straps let halfway out it fit great - no shifting at all when I wave my foot around, and extremely comfortable on.

Who would have thought? I haven't been a small anything since my teens. :D

My boots do have a bit of the sole material that comes up the back of the heel that I guess keeps the strap from slipping. Do you really want to go to all that trouble sewing or gluing? Boots seem cheap enough to just buy another pair.

Mine also used to ride down toward the bottom of my boot. That little tab on top of the strap was the culprit. I just flipped my strap over and, the tab keeps pushing it up where it's supposed to be. Simple and comfy:wink:

Oniell makes a boot that has a little ridge behind the ankle to prevent the strap from slipping down.

Back
Top Bottom