Fin recomendation wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm using scubapro go sports for wetsuit.

I overall like them however recently I got stuck in surface current and they sucked.

My requirements.

I primarily frog kick so must be good for frog.

I also helicopter and back kick so good for that

Not to heavy as these are wetsuit fins

Good in current if this happens again

Comfortable foot pocket

I think I've narrowed it to mares quattro aventi plus apexs rk3 or deep six eddy.

Any input is appreciated.

I overall like them however recently I got stuck in surface current and they sucked.

My requirements.

Comfortable foot pocket

I think I've narrowed it to mares quattro aventi plus apexs rk3 or deep six eddy.

I've had the Mares and the Deep 6. The Deep 6 is a far superior fin in terms of stiffness and the ability to perform subtle movements. I don't have experience with the RK3's, but the regular version is supposed to be soft compared to the Eddy and the HD version is supposed to be much heavier.

My requirements.

Comfortable foot pocket

I have the Quattros, the RK3s, and the Go Sports. I frog kick 99% of the time. I used the Quattros for both tropical wetsuit diving (3mm) and for drysuit diving. I don't use them anymore. They are fine, but nothing special. They are also quite long and don't allow for the same level of precise finning. I currently use the RK3 fins for drysuit and I love them. I use the regular version, not the HD ones. They are powerful and allow for good precision. I use my Go Sports for tropical diving. They are about the same dimensions as the RK3s but they are significantly lighter. I can't really give you an apples-to-apples comparison since I use one for cold water drysuit diving (24 lbs of lead) and the other for tropical wetsuit diving (4 lbs of lead with a wetsuit, 0 lbs with a rashguard and boardshorts), but I'd say they are very comparable in terms of performance, control, and power. I'd say that getting the RK3s would be a waste since you already have the Go Sports. You'd just be spending cash for fins with similar characteristics but that are heavier. I can't speak to the Deep 6 Eddys.

I've been diving Dive Rite XTs for many years, best fins for me. I dive 3, 5, 7 mm full suits every year, with or without a 5/3 hooded vest.

I do everything in these including frogkicking around the place

full

Unless I'm wearing something else

I ordered a set of deep 6 they said if they don't work out I can return them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom