Fin fit issue..please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pupster

New
Reaction score
Got in the water with with my Avanti Quattro Powers today after hearing them whine about being SO DRY.

I immediately remembered why I'd left 'em in the gear locker when I put 'em on. Please understand, great fins, plenty of power and fast (for underwater hockey). I'd like to be able to use 'em for more than 15 minutes or so..

So the question: Does anyone know of a way to alter the shape of the foot pocket? I've got very much "foot shaped" feet (normal heel and wide forefoot) and the pocket on these fins is "a bit pinchy" in the forefoot just standing on the bottom (heel is almost loose, I have to wear keepers). I was unable to finish my workout (1000 yd swim no fins and 1000yd kick with fins) due to the pain, and my feet still haven't forgiven me..

I'm not using any socks/slippers/booties. No room for my foots as it is....

Any suggestions would be welcome and I've got experience with thermoplastics. In fact I keep staring at my heat gun and wondering if the materials will tolerate heating and some mild re-forming (some molded plastics won't, and I don't want to ruin an otherwise good pair of fins)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom