Filters.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TjRjn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've just recently purchased a new Intova IC14 with housing. I want to buy a red filter and see there are many on offer. I have to resort to ebay so before I buy, can someone tell me if I need a specific filter for underwater use i.e glass as apposed to something else?
Thanks in advance.

I would go with this one: Amazon.com: Intova Red Filter (52mm): Sports & Outdoors it comes with a lanyard attached that comes in handy. I have Intova camera and this filter and it works great.
Yes, I saw that one. Was just hoping to get one closer to home (Turkey). Coming from the US things sometimes don't turn up so I tend to look in EU countries. :)
I found these two:
Kood Red 52mm 52 Black & White Digital and Film Camera Lens Filter - UK | eBay
Hoya 52mm Red (R25A) filter | eBay

What do you think?

Well I am not sure which I would go with, the camera accepts a 52MM screw on filter but if I remember correctly the underwater filter is not really red.

Filters for underwater are different. They are coated to resist salt-water corrosion, and they are colored for the loss of red underwater. They are also designed for the extra pressure of underwater use. I would stick to a filter that is designed to be used underwater, otherwise it might break from the pressure difference or corrode and freeze to the threads on your housing.

Thank you. :)

Back
Top Bottom