Filter for Bonica Snapper HDDV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Mike,

Question: I know next to nothing about photography. My diving is done in the Caribbean and I will be going to Bonaire in February.

I have heard people discussing filters and was wondering whether you think they are warranted and if so, which type would I get and why?

I want to be able to take decent recordings and have no aspirations in getting too technical and complex with this, at least for the time being.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

Hi Sy,

Thanks for posting!

Our red filter will be suitable for Caribbean, or blue water in general.

Here's a quick video on installing it. [vimeo]898545[/vimeo]

It is a wet filter, so you can either install it underwater, or you can install it in a backet of water first before dive.

Also, you can adjust the White Balance Setting to Cloudy while in water to add further red color to your photo/video.

The best option to add color and light to your photo/video is by using a video light, but the red filter is an easy and inexpensive option.

Great Dive,
Mic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom