Filmmaker Rob Stewart's family files wrongful death lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Expect it to go wherever the lawyers are able to throw it... Hoping to see what might stick.. Right or wrong..

But, I get what you are saying...

I had read through the thread over the weekend and frankly was surprised they hadnt already filed suit.

I'm wondering who is going to be targeted... And also curious as to who is behind the lawsuit.

I'm wondering who is going to be targeted... And also curious as to who is behind the lawsuit.

It is stated in the link above that Peter Sotis & Add Helium are the targets. Behind the the lawsuit is Stewart family.

Peter Sotis & AH do not go as "several individualS" and "companiES".
Most likely they received advice to sue, that's the person I want to know. If the family had figured it out by themselves, they'd had filed the lawsuit earlier on IMO.

Most likely they received advice to sue, that's the person I want to know. If the family had figured it out by themselves, they'd had filed the lawsuit earlier on IMO.
Any competent attorney is going to do their due diligence and find every possible source of revenue before they sue. They have one clean shot at this, so might as well do this right.

I'm sure they'll name the instructor, his store, his agency (if there is one, I think I've heard conflicting info). Maybe the boat, captain, maker of the rebreather, and the guy on the nearby beach selling drinks. It's the way of lawyers.

It is stated in the link above that Peter Sotis & Add Helium are the targets. Behind the the lawsuit is Stewart family.
There are a number of "targets" or defendants who will be named. I would expect the rebreather manufacturer, the instructor, the initial instructor, the boat operator, the captain, and anyone else who touched Rob in the past 6 months.

As far as who is behind it? The folks from Sea Shepherd are pretty pissed off, but they have no standing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom