Film Speed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Help! Tomorrow I am doing a photo dive for one of my AOW dives. I am supposed to bring a roll of film, but I don't know which speed would be best. Any help would be appreciated! :06:

Cheers!
Ann Marie

Ann Marie:
Help! Tomorrow I am doing a photo dive for one of my AOW dives. I am supposed to bring a roll of film, but I don't know which speed would be best. Any help would be appreciated! :06:

Cheers!
Ann Marie
Do you have strobes if not I would use 400asa if you have strobes and going to shot macro I would use Fuji Velvea 50 asa, wide shots Velvia 100 asa.
Hope this helps.
David

Can't go wrong with 400 - I like Fuji much better than Kodak YMMV

Your instructor should be able to give you some advice, too. Are you using your own camera or a hire one?

Better bring 100 ASA film. Not all camera's/strobes work automatically with 50 ASA, and manual compensation adds another level of complexity.

I agree with Ron, ASA100 speed film is the norm, not all cameras are compatable with faster speeds. besides, the faster speed films are grainier. Fuji Reala was my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom