Fills prices in the Denver area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm being lazy here. I was wondering where people get their fills. My LDS (A1) charges $14 for a Nitrox fill. With tax that is running me over $30 for two AL80's. Kinda steep for just a fill.

Anyone in the Denver area get good prices on Nitrox fills? I was thinking of trashing one Nitrox tank, but actually it works kinda good to have two Nitrox tanks for first dives at the hole.

Odyssey does Nitrox fills for $8. They moved recently though and I can't find them. No forwarding address on the door, phone or website.

It's .08 cents per pound fill for 32% and 36% premix in Texas - $6.00, $5.00 for air. You ARe paying too much...

It's $10.00 to fill an AL80 here in Sask. and that is for basic air not Nitrox.
20.00 to rent a full tank if you don't have your own.

Odyssey will be back but they are changing locations. They have had some issues but both Kathy and Jess are planning on moving in soon. In the meantime Jess is still filling tanks at their house if you need them to. Leave a message on their phone and they will call you back.

Wow, $14 seems very reasonable to me for a 30-40 mix. I suppose you could get it cheaper by not using medical grade o2. Your lungs not mine lol. Here in Australia Enriched air will run roughly $20 a tank.

And if people want to share the prices of fills all over the world, that is certainly interesting info....

I must revise my initial post, it appears that if you provide A1 with an EXACT mix, they charge for a custom blend. If you allow them to fill between 32-36% (less work) they apparently charge $8 a fill, and they will *try* to get it closer to one end of the equasion upon request without the custom charge. So maybe I get a 35% mix if I say non-custom blend, and closer to 36% if possible.

I'm going to drop the tanks off this weekend, so I'll see how it works out. I understand blending takes time, so I was really not complaining about what they want to charge, but with everything in my life getting more expensive without my paycheck getting much bigger, I've become even MORE of a cheapskate! :11doh:

farrakhan:
Wow, $14 seems very reasonable to me for a 30-40 mix. I suppose you could get it cheaper by not using medical grade o2. Your lungs not mine lol. Here in Australia Enriched air will run roughly $20 a tank.

Talk about getting ripped off!!!:D

BTW: If you do the conversion, $20 in Australian equals $15 in US

tjmills:
Odyssey will be back but they are changing locations. They have had some issues but both Kathy and Jess are planning on moving in soon. In the meantime Jess is still filling tanks at their house if you need them to. Leave a message on their phone and they will call you back.

Hey,

I met both owners at the hole some time back. Where are they moving? R they staying North?

Yes, they are staying in the area for sure. They were moving and ran into a issues with the building they were moving into at the last minute. They have been looking for another building since. I am going over to see them later today hopefully and will give you an update when I find out the scoop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom