Filling pony bottles from main tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a cheaper alternative to an air equalizer. I would like to fill my 6cf bottle from my main tank. Will a paintball fill station work? Do they make a hp one way nipple where I could use this system that would plug into the 1st stage? Can air go into the HP outlet to fill it? Any ideas on how to do this affordably?

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 11.04.15 AM.jpg

i used to do this. i cannot remember the price but i found a simple hose with a yoke attachment on each end along with a purge. still have it. i will see if i can find one.

Can you post a pic of the valve on your pony? I've never seen a "standard" valve on a tank as small as 6cf. I don't think filling from the HP port of a standard 1st stage will work as they are a restricted orifice with a TINY hole. I have a 6cf tank from Spare Air with a small fill port, it looks like that fill whip you posted would work on that although they make their own adapter.

Can you post a pic of the valve on your pony? I've never seen a "standard" valve on a tank as small as 6cf. I don't think filling from the HP port of a standard 1st stage will work as they are a restricted orifice with a TINY hole. I have a 6cf tank from Spare Air with a small fill port, it looks like that fill whip you posted would work on that although they make their own adapter.

incorrect. they make 6cf tanks that use a standard valve. i have one. your "spare air" is a different animal.
also, the restriction orifice on the high side is on the hose, not the valve.

I did this with two of those cheap paintball fill stations linked together by the end of their hoses with a coupler fitting. I can't remember the exact size of the coupler. Works well, has bleed valves, and is cheap.

Its just a yoke adapter like the regular 80.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom