Filling hose for spare air clone, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
A.jpg

A friend of mine has such a spare air clone including manual pump. This pump of course does not fill in a proper way. So he wants me to produce a filling hose which can be used to fill the spare air clone from a diving tank. So far so good.
B.jpg
But I do not know this filling nose so I can not produce any adapter.
c.jpg
d.jpg
e.jpg

I found in the www https://www.fruugoschweiz.com/upgra...o7_Pwf_8N2G52Oaqvmt8YJH_DQvCWMyBoCNGgQAvD_BwE and Tauch füll station din300 Lade adapter große Flasche an kleine Flasche 5/8bsp Stecker mit Schlauch und Messgerät mit einer Nennleistung von 300bar - AliExpress 13
This looks like the perfect solution but I have no idea if this hoose matches the filling nose. Is there any standard?

Thanks for your help.

Hmmm, does this mean the linked connector fits the filling hose? I am confused now.

20240829_151959.jpgDoes this fit in the bottle male end?

If yes.
Then you have pcp fitting and the AliExpress link will work because it has PCP female end.....

Never had a spare air bottle. So I can't say forsure that it is PCP but it sure looks like it is.

(FYI)
The inside piece of the male end where the air goes is a check valve that locks closed by air pressure, when the bottle has air in it.

What does PCP mean?
In the world of high pressure gases, breathing air and the like

PCP is an acronym for Poor Chinese Products.

As opposed to its rival description of PPCP

I will leave it up to others to work out what that P stands for

I had a closer look to the hose. It fits 200 and 300 bar valves. Spare Air clone is 200 bar cylinder. So I can fill 300 bar into a 200 bar cylinder.

The air in the Spare Air clone heavily smells like rubber but it only does so at 50-200 bar, it does not smell at 0-50 bar. I filled and emptied 10 times, still smells at high pressure. Amazing. Why does it smell only at high pressure?

Back
Top Bottom