Fiji in August water temp and wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What thickness of wetsuit do you suggest for
Figi in August?

We will be staying at Volivoli Resort
in Rakiraki.

Thank you.

Depends on your tolerance to cold. Water temps are typically coolest July through October - upper 70s F. We were in Vanua Levu last October and temps were right around 80F most of the time. I get cold easily, so I dove with a 5mm suit the entire time.

wow up around 78F is 25.5 celcius that is warm 3mm shorty at best, though depends on the diver

I was in VoliVoli two years ago in August .
Water temperature 24- 24,2 Celsius in Blight waters dive spot and local dive spot as well .
I wore semidry 7,5 and I was fine , other people in 5 mm was cold , also becuase the cool wind , other in 3 mm seems fine .....
hope this help
Paolo

Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old. But just wondering how your diving went in August @rakay? I'm planning to go to Rakiraki in July but heard that the wind is quite strong during this month. I read several reviews that the boat won't go out to Bligh Water if the wind is too strong.

Back
Top Bottom