Fiji Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shrkdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a honeymoon in Oct 2013 for 10 or more nights and would like suggestions on the best islands and resorts. We are both advanced open water certified and have regularly visited Cozumel, Bonaire and other destinations throughout the Carribean. Now we would like to venture a bit further from home and experience someplace new. Our goal would be to find a location that has fantastic diving coupled with a more luxury and upscale resort experience since this is our honeymoon.

We have been looking at Nomale Resort as an option because the accomodations look great but can't find anything online regarding how good the diving is there.

Also, given that we will be there 10 or more nights should we consider a second island to split up the trip?

Thanks

We did our Honeymoon in Fiji in May 2012. Had a great time. Did 7 nights at Paradise Taveuni which had great diving and very nice, although not top luxury accommodations. We then did 4 nights at Royal Davui, private island resort off of Beqa which is over the top indulgence and luxury. Was very, very, nice. But we had a great time at both.

For 10 nights I would probably try visiting two different places. Just remember, probably waste most of a day traveling between the two.

We stayed at Matangi Island resort which is on the other side of Taveuni. It is secluded and fairly small but close to excellent diving. They seem to offer the same amenities.

I can't say anything about the diving around Namale and Vanua Levu specifically. The Somosomo straights appear to me to be fairly far from Namale and that is good diving. I checked out their website and they say they have access to Somosomo. Looks like a bit of a trip tho. Namena marine reserve seems to be about as close as Somosome and seems popular. There are some posters here that might be able to give opinions about the diving around Vanua Levu and the Namale resort.

I personally would not split up the trip as packing, unpacking again and travel just eat up time (boats and flights) but that is a personal choice.

Take UW camera for sure. If you don't have one, rent one.

Hi
The diving from Namale is good especially if they go out to Namena - which is Fiji's largest marine reserve. Truly stunning. They can also reach the Somosomo strait which houses the White Wall and Rainbow Reef, which are usually drift dives. However, they probably don't go there every day to dive. I suggest you contact Bill Keefe, the GM there for details.
Taveuni is another great spot as others have posted. Have a look at Taveuni Island Resort for a luxury option. For a really island feel in that area, check out Qamea isalnd which is just North of Taveuni.

Royal Davui in Beqa lagoon is great for private luxury but the diving is better around Taveuni in my opinion although you can do the Aquatrek shark dive if you were in that area.

Right at the top end is Wakaya Club nestled in the Koro Sea, where the diving is as fabulous as the price. They can dive Namena and have their own house reef as one of the best in Fiji with hammerheads, mantas and + clear waters on huge walls. Contact Janette there for more details on diving.

More than one spot? Here's my vote. 7 nights on or around Taveuni, then fly back to Suva (Nausori) 40 mins, and taxi to The Pearl in Pacific Harbour 1 1/2 hours. Book a couple of days diving with Aquatrek to do the shark dive and see Beqa lagoon. Transfer back to Nadi, 2 hours, to stay last night at the Sheraton which is 20 mins from the airport, before heading home.

Do let me know if you would like any more suggestions or details about logistics although the resorts should be able to provide all you need.

Have a great trip
Regards
Greg

we spent a week at kadavu
matana resort with dive kadavu
great place and super diving!!!!!
in and out,stayed in nadi-also great time and sight seeing!!!!
thumbs up for a honeymoon for sure with seperate bura's right on the beach for privacy....
have fun
yaeg

Namena is amazing. If you stay on Namena it would be great on all scores. Taveuni is nearby and you could do both in 10 plus days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom