fiji diving comparison taveunie and kudova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Kay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, Has anyone been to both taveuni and kudova. taveunie is quoting out very expensive, like $400 a night for a single diver. Please comment on quality of diving, thanks. Some places in both areas only do 2 morning dives a day. Seems strange since they are diving lodges, what do you do with the rest of the day.

We have a trip to Taveuni booked for July.
You are right, the resorts were too high for our budget so, we found cheaper lodging through AirBnB.

Can’t comment on the diving as this will be my first dive trip since getting my OW cert.

We have been to both. Taveuni is definitely better diving with soft corals and fish life. Check out Nakia Eco Resort and their dive packages with Taveuni Ocean Sports. We have been there three times and the reviews on TripAdvisor are accurate. You will not be sorry. Taveuni Ocean Sports is one of the best operators we have used in over 1000 dives. It is operated by the daughter of the couple who own Nakia, Robyn and Jim Kelly, Simply the nicest people you will ever meet.

Taveuni Ocean Sports is superb, for a budget friendly stay, you can book a dorm room at Maravu pay backpacker prices and still have the amenities of a resort. There is a great pizza joint walking distance from Maravu that has seafood and an ocean view. A cheap eat from a market or store is called ROTI, which is like a stuffed tortilla with varied fillings (tuna, vegetarian, or my favorite curry) and costs 1-2 FJD.
Taveuni is on my annual bucket list and is well worth the additional flight cost from Nadi. Review luggage weight restrictions for domestic travel if booked separately. If you have any spare room in your suitcase, please bring reward stickers and colored pencils for the Naselesele school near Matei, or any other remote school you may be near. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom