Fiesta Americana heads-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend who just took a trip to Fiesta Americana a week ago just confirmed that the beach area is still closed and they were taking a taxi to and from the marina.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Going Mid Oct. so we still have time.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Going Mid Oct. so we still have time.
I'm going to be there in late October, but my buddy said they told him it would be closed at least through the end of the year.

subscribed

When I was there in July I was told by 2 different dive masters as we went by that it started with them overbuilding their permits beach side. Then when the govt (fed) started digging into it all they found they were illegally dumping sewage of some kind into the ocean. No idea if true or not but something like that would make sense as to why it’s blown up so big for them. It’s a mess for sure and the FA is NOT telling guests a d not compensating them for a lack of services. Almost stayed there in July, thank goodness we went Palce!

When I was there in July I was told by 2 different dive masters as we went by that it started with them overbuilding their permits beach side. Then when the govt (fed) started digging into it all they found they were illegally dumping sewage of some kind into the ocean. No idea if true or not but something like that would make sense as to why it’s blown up so big for them. It’s a mess for sure and the FA is NOT telling guests a d not compensating them for a lack of services. Almost stayed there in July, thank goodness we went Palce!

They might get away with that for awhile, coasting on past reputation. But eventually word will get out and this "hotel on the waterfront but doesn't actually have a waterfront" reputation will also last until well after they get it resolved.

I was there in July for two weeks and stayed at FA as well. I have a friend who's local and he told me that they were building on the beach, and essentially trying to privatize it. He said that it's been a big problem on the mainland with hotels essentially trying to close their beaches to non-customers but has not really been an issue in Coz until now. I asked about dumping, he said no. But he was pretty pissed about them trying to make the beach private.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom