Fiber optic cable on PT-015 How to mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweden78

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I am woundering how you all have put the velcro and fiber optic cabel(YS90DX) on your olympus P-015 Housing.

Have you put it ovet the diffusor or what? If you can put in some close up pictuers on just your rig I will be very thankfull

Thank you!

Yes, it fits over the diffuser. Small velcro tabs above and below the diffuser panel hold the larger velcro patch in place over it.

Look HERE for camera pictures. They aren't that great but maybe you'll understand what I mean.

Have any one tryed to screw away the diffusor and build an shield for the internel flash? And then you can do a hole in the shield and put the fiber optic cabel there. Then just mount back the shield on the place the diffusor where.

Opinion on this!

Sweden78 once bubbled...
Have any one tryed to screw away the diffusor and build an shield for the internel flash? And then you can do a hole in the shield and put the fiber optic cabel there. Then just mount back the shield on the place the diffusor where.

Opinion on this!

Yes, that's been done. One of the guys, Ron, on Digital Diver, makes alot of custom camera gear. He recently made diffuser panels of a black plastic material with 1 or 2 holes for the fiber optic connection. Works great!

This website has some templates in PDF. I can't see one for the PT-015 but perhaps it'll give you some ideas: click here and scroll 1/3 way down the page.

Have any one tryed to screw away the diffusor and build an shield for the internel flash?
I don't have a YS90 but have done that for my DS-125 ie rigged a DIY fibre optic cable to the slave sensor. I've mounted the shield as you have mentioned - using a piece from a sheet of plastic, a bicycle pump holder and a velcro strap (the one you use to tie cables with). This unlikely combination mounts on the lens barrel, blocks the flash and holds on to the fibre optic cable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom