Info FFM with your own regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently purchased an Ocean Reef Space G Divers FFM and used it with my Deep 6 1st stage reg, and it worked well. I didn't enjoy the FFM as much as I had hoped so I am selling now, but it worked fine with my reg. If you are looking for one to use with your 2nd, I don't know of any others.

Other than the OTS Spectrum and Scuba Pro FFM are there and masks that allow the use of your own regulator?
There are always the old tempered glass, Pegasus-type masks, which were also distributed by Cressi-Sub and Poseidon, for the last five decades or more, and was my very first FFM. I used it under the ice and the comparatively tropical waters of British Columbia. The only significant change has been a transition from butyl rubber to silicone.

Bulletproof.

They are the least expensive, at about US 100.00 and are as simple as they come, as an "on-demand" mask: without any need for one-way-valves or venting -- just plug and play. No communication is possible outside of rude hand gestures.

The ScubaPro model is interesting enough (though awfully pricey, not to include a second), in that two regulators could conceivably be mounted on a single mask; though, the choices of usable regulators are quite few, even among native ScubaPro second stages . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 12.46.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 12.46.14 PM.png
    318 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.04.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.04.44 PM.png
    679.6 KB · Views: 59
The Pegasus mentioned above is available from IST (m37) in both silicone and rubber versions.

There is also the Mantis..no experience with this one.

Back
Top Bottom