Ffm For Dolphin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kirby Morgan M48 is designed with a detachable pod. Pods are available for open curcuit or for rebreathers.

The rebreather pod accommodates a second stage attached to the pod for bailout gas as well as a valve to close the loop before you remove the pod in the event you need to switch to a deco gas, buddy's gas, etc. The rebreather hoses attach to the pod itself and the RB's mouthpiece is not used.

The downside is that in the past the RB pods have been hard to get with the rumor being the NATO and the US military are getting first dibs on the production units.

However, if your rebreather can accommodate a standard open curcuit mouthpiece, it could be attached to the standard OC pod. You would then close the loop like you normally would before removing it and would switch to a bailout or deco gas in a normal manner like you would with a regular mask and a rebreather.

http://www.oceantechnologysystems.com/mk48.shtml

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/gallery//showimage.php?&i=140

The M-48 does not offer the fishbowl visibility of an AGA, but it also does not have the bouyancy issues either. And visibility is comparable to what you would get with a regular low volume wide vision mask.

The M-48 Supermask is also sold through Oceanic/JMC Scuba which makes availability a lot better as any Oceanic dealer can get one for you if you do not live close to a Kirby-Morgan dealer.

SCUBADIVINERIK:
Can yall give me some options of FFM to use with my Dolphin

An M-48 is the best choice of an FFM for a rebreather. The standard scuba pod will work. Are you planning on using comms or for safety reasons?

My first choice would also be the K-M M-48 FFM, with a BOV (2nd stage integrated into the DSV).

For the Dolphin there is also an alternative from the factory, the Dräger Panorama Dive R. The R designates the use for rebreathers and means it includes a replacement DSV and matching connector that includes a bite piece inside the mask to reduce CO2 buildup.

For bailout, an Apeks TX 100 modifed to plug into the p-port on the side of the mask is available.

Comms can plug into the opposite port.

For price and availability my first try would still be OTS as they know their stuff. :wink:

Lots of them. :wink:

The Scubapro and Mantis FFMs also feature tripple ports, but are different from the Dräger. The Mantis should work well with smaller faces.

The Interspiro (AGA) and Poseidon are good masks but need to be converted for RB use. As they only have a single port to connect a breathing device I would highly recommend a BOV. Divematics provides the latter as well as conversions of the FFMs.

Check Ocean Technology Systems for the masks, Divematics for the BOV & conversion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom