Few Catalina pics from 8-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirthx

Registered
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics from the Rock Quarry area of Catalina. Great vis (60ft give or take) this weekend. Included is the first Lavender Sculpin I've seen before.

-Mike

BEGobi_PB.jpg

JuviGari_PB.jpg

LavenderSculpinpbcoy.jpg

LipstickBass_editedpb.jpg

Scorpcopypb.jpg

Moray w/ Peppermint shrimp
MorayCleanerPB.jpg

Here are a couple pics from the Rock Quarry area of Catalina. Great vis (60ft give or take) this weekend. Included is the first Lavender Sculpin I've seen before.

-Mike

Moray w/ Peppermint shrimp
MorayCleanerPB.jpg

Hands down this one has it for me....the title for the best shot of the series. Great find and great shots.

I have to agree, the moray wins. How often do you get a full face shot like that?

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

The Moray's are pretty abundant at this spot so getting that face shot isn't quite as tough as you might think. That said the shots I've got of them straight on during previous dives weren't quite so close and had a bit more sediment in the water.

Thanks again!

-Mike

Great shots Mike. My personal favorite is the Juvenile Garibaldi.

Fantastic shots!

Great shots Mike. My personal favorite is the Juvenile Garibaldi.

Thanks, Larry. Probably my fave as well. Today I did a noise-reduction job on it and now it should make a nice print!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom