Ferry Schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willmann_nc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have information on if or when two ferry boats will begin running per hour between Playa and Cozumel?

https://www.facebook.com/ultramarferry; Winjet. Don't bother with their internet pages, they update FB mostly. I had to scroll down a bit for winjet. Ultramar even days, Winjet odd days. They post these weekly so you have to check. It can change.
Generally they leave PDC at 8 am but verify. You might prepare for long lines especially the first ferry.
I also assume you mean the passenger ferry not car ferry.

Does anyone have information on if or when
I think that the owners are enjoying increased profits with lower fuel & salary costs with crowded boats too much to change their schedules. I liked it better when they competed.

Reactions: JFS
Currently at 8AM, but as @ColoDale says always check their Facebook pages, they do not keep their websites up to date. Always buy a 'one way' in case its a different company coming back. I miss Barco's Carib's 6:45 AM departures but would settle for a duopoly 7 AM departure, as is @ 8AM it blows me out for an AM dive boat with my LDS.
Winjet
Ultramar Ferry
upload_2021-5-4_18-48-16.png
upload_2021-5-4_18-49-43.png

Does anyone have information on if or when two ferry boats will begin running per hour between Playa and Cozumel?

Not likely for the foreseable future. They both finally figured how to make a lot of money together and if the pandemic goes away then they will make some excuse to keep things as they have been doing.

We will be going to PDC on Friday for cenote dive.

how early should we arrive at Ferry terminal for 7:00 am departure? Are the ferrys crowded at that time of the day?

We will be going to PDC on Friday for cenote dive.

how early should we arrive at Ferry terminal for 7:00 am departure? Are the ferrys crowded at that time of the day?

They'll be busy, but unlikely anyone will be left standing on the dock.
Get there at 6:30, and you'll have a stress free departure.

Anyone know which Ferry will be running on Thursday October 28th from Playa to CZM?

I'd like to pre purchase tickets if possible.

Ultramar looks to be running the even number days in October, their FB page has the schedule posted to 10/24 but not the 28th,

Attachments

• Ferry Schedule.jpg
    Ferry Schedule.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 29
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom