Feel like on boat while sleeping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I went diving Sunday morning, the seas were a little rough,I got back took a nap went to work then when I got home and lay down to go to bed I felt like I was on the boat in the rough seas again.. I kept spazing out thinking I was going to fall when the boat rocked! Hahahha first time that's happened to me..

Any of you guys ever experience this??

Sure it happens all the time after a rough day out, 3 dives a day or several days on a boat. Day 4 on warm water vacation is usually topside just to stop the rocking feeling ;-).

Usually happens after that 5th or 6th beer. :D
Seriously though It's common. Happens to me all the time after a day on the boat.

Land sickness. Yup, I've experienced this. Just be happy you didn't experience the prolonged form, mal de debarquement, which can last for several years.

The brain is a funny thing, ain't it?
It has the ability to adapt/habituate/desensitize to sensory inputs.

It tends to happen to me after a couple days out on a boat. Close my eyes on shore and things are still rocking.

They say there are two kinds of people: those that have been sea sick and those that are going to be sea sick. :D Well, I'm still waiting. But don't you think it's cool to feel like you're still on the boat. We used to spend so much time on the boat, when I felt funny on land I'd get back on the boat and everything was just fine. :coffee:

Yes it does happen. In my past I have been out at sea for 30 days . Everyone was seasick for at least a couple of hours on this trip. when we got back to the docks everyone was swaying back and forth. It took some hours to get back your land legs! You almost felt better on the boat.
See you topside! John

Yes! The only time I have been remotely motion sick was in a Chinese restaurant in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We had just gotten off a sailboat, and we hadn't set foot on land for a week. The restaurant reeked of stale grease and was gently rocking. Chinese restaurants really aren't supposed to do that, and I ended up rather queasy.

It only takes one day on the boat for me to have that feeling, if I close my eyes.

Land sickness. Yup, I've experienced this. Just be happy you didn't experience the prolonged form, mal de debarquement, which can last for several years.

The brain is a funny thing, ain't it?
It has the ability to adapt/habituate/desensitize to sensory inputs.

Yep, that's it.

Happens all the time, When I was actively sailing every day it would happen every night as I fell asleep it feels like the bed is rocking like a boat.

Back
Top Bottom