Question Feedback Wanted: Palau Aggressor.... well kept boat?? Good crew?? Any recent experiences??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AllanHarr

Contributor
Reaction score
Feedback Wanted: Palau Aggressor.... well kept boat?? Good crew?? Any recent experiences?? Any and all opinions are welcome!!! Thanks....

been on 4 trips with them. well maintained and run well, food is great, rooms aren't the most luxe but A/C works well and the beds have mattresses that won't give you back pain. check they bring on a fresh keg of red rooster amber before they shove off from malakal. ask for sandy paradise and that german channel gets moved to a twilight/night dive instead.

The Palau Agressor and the Rock Island Aggressor are sister ships. I have had divers on both before the pandemic with good reviews and they are seasoned, well-traveled divers. I have 5 divers scheduled for back-to-back trips this December and so far the flight reservations thru Guam have been no problem. Aggressor seems to have the logistics of the Day 1 and Day 5 tests well organized. I have had nothing but good pre-pandemic reports on the diving, either on the LOBs or land-based stays with diving by Palau Dive Adventures.

Been on them twice, but it's been a couple of years now. Good boat, very easy loading to smaller dive boat on hoist. Great food, good crew. Older boat, cabins are bunkbeds, and we had some complaints as to smelly toilets. It's a catamaran and pretty stable.

Here is some alternative food for thought.

When we went to Palau for a 3-week dive trip a couple years ago, our group decided not to use a LOB and did all our diving from 3 land-based locations, including on Peleliu. I don't know of any dive site that was out of reach for us. We did 3 dives a day on almost all days, and we had great land-based excursions. Our accommodations were certainly better than on a boat, and it was cheaper. If we were to go there again, I am sure we would do the same thing.

Our trip was set up for us by a travel agency that does dive travel exclusively, and we followed their recommendations.

the liveaboards do 25 dives a trip so 2 weeks LOB is the same number of dives as 3 weeks land based. land based may be slightly cheaper, but for those that aren't retired, the LOB is more efficient in terms of taking fewer vacation days and the cost can be a wash if you catch a discount on the LOB.

Friends of ours went on the Rock Island Aggressor and had a great time and had no complaints about the boat or crew. That said, I would echo what boulderjohn said... we spent two weeks diving from land with Palau Dive Adventures. We loved the boat rides out to the site because the scenery is so spectacular as you go through all the little islands. There are so many places where liveaboards are the way to go for diving, but Palau is not one of them IMO.

My favorite trip in the past has been the Palau - Yap combo. Palau Dive Adventures teams with Manta Ray Bay Resort and this really gives you a bang for the buck considering the air travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom