Feedback on the Scubapro Hydros X BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking for feedback on the Scubapro Hydros X BCD from divers who have used it. I am interested in knowing what you think of its fit, comfort, durability, functionality, comparisons vs. other jacket type BCD's and any other information please. Does it stay in place on your body or does it ride up? Did you get any accessories with it, what are they? Are the pockets functional and easily reachable?

https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.eu/bcds/bcds/hydros-x-bcd-men

Note: I am not looking for sermons on BP/W vs. jacket BC's or on prices please. Thank you.

I used the hydros pro for about 150 dives

light weight
smart things - built in handle - tank retainer loop - quick release buckles
ability to swap out weight pockets for a waist harness

I then moved to a xDeep zen and could not tell the difference in dive
Sure, the xdeep is built more rugged but otherwise
they felt the same in a dive

So, well done scuba pro

I moved on to the xdeep because I wanted to sell the hydros pro while it was in pristine condition
But I can see the hinged parts and parts where rubber comes in contact with other rubber/plastic getting torn off

Its a very well thought out BCD and if you take care of it - it'll last many years
By take care of it, I mean not lift the bcd/tank from the shoulder strap
add a bit of grease to the hinge plastic under the shoulder strap (when it bends)

I did add a crotch strap but in reality, didn't need it during the dive
Just made waiting on the surface comfortable

OP is not looking for feedback on the HydrosPro, rather the Hydros X. It’s a jacket style BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom