Feedback / Identify this SP 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi. Can you identify this ScubaPro 2nd stage? A friend of mine bought two sets a long time ago. He mixed and matched the 1st and 2nd stages and gave me this and a MK15. Also a SeaQuest Air Source.

I need feedback on the MK15 and the 2nd stage. Looks heavy but aside from that I have no idea.

Sorry if the file is lousy. Used my phone to take a picture.

Thanks.

Balanced adjustable is the model will take all current parts even 600 poppets and orifice good find, Nice Friend

partridge:
Hi. Can you identify this ScubaPro 2nd stage?
Thanks.

One of the best 2nd stage. It's the old and expensive (it's brass and not plastic) precursor of the SP G250. I still use some mark5 (old adjustable) on my stage/deco . Never had any peoblem.

It's one of the late production Balanced Adjustables. An extremely nice second stage and I prefer it to both the current G250HP and the S600. When upgraded to use the current S-wing poppet, they will breathe every bit as well as a G250 or S600.

It is not much larger than the S600 but uses a larger and more responsive diaphragm like the larger G250. It is heavier but to be honest I have never noticed the weight in the water. Light weight and compact size are frequently used marketing tools to sell regs with the marketing folks claiming less jaw fatigue. In reality a good mouth piece and an LP hose of the proper lenght do infintely more to reduce jaw fatigue.

The metal case will make it much more freindly on long dives as dry mouth is almost unheard of with metal cased regs that capture and recycle condensation in the case and in the airtube.

The Mk 15 is a great reg that is very similar to the later Mk 20 and Mk 25. performance is nearly identical and the differences in design are few and are either minor or cosmetic. It is a little harder for techs to service than the Mk 20/25 but that is not a problem for the diver.

Wow. Thanks a lot guys. Didn't know I was sitting on a very nice reg. I will send it in to the shop for a look see this week. Get an octo and spg and have another spare set.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom